P.S. 62 Middle School Information
Middle School Information
This is a warm reminder to apply to middle school by March 1, 2022.
Submitting your child’s application by the deadline is your best chance at getting an offer to a program you choose!
- Already applied? Wonderful—you’re all set.
- Haven’t yet applied? Even if you’re unsure of fall plans, there is no downside to applying now.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Log in to your MySchools.nyc account to explore your child’s middle school options.
2. Add up to 12 program choices to your application. Put choices in your true order of preference, with your favorite program as #1. There is no better strategy.
3. Apply one of the following ways:
- Online at MySchools.nyc—Recommended!
- Through your child’s current school counselor (for public DOE or charter school families) or a Family Welcome Center(for private or parochial school families)
INTERESTED IN AUDITION PROGRAMS?
Some arts programs require applicants to submit a virtual audition by March 1. Beginning this week, interested students can submit audition files online, directly through your MySchools account. Learn how to prepare auditions for specific programs at schools.nyc.gov/MSAuditions
- Visit schools.nyc.gov/Middle
- Watch tutorials on how to create a MySchools account and apply to middle school
- Questions? Talk to your child’s school counselor, get support from a Family Welcome Center, or call 718-935-2009
Directories: A copy of printed admissions guide has been sent home with your child.
- As the application opens, families may learn about the admissions process on DOE website where they can both read an admissions guide and watch videos explaining the admissions process.
- On the bottom of the DOE website, families can find the admissions guide in different languages.
Open Houses and Fairs:
Visiting a school in person or virtually can help you learn if it may be the right place for your child. It’s also a great way to see how long the trip is from home. Check schools' MySchools pages for links to their websites, as well as for direct links to resources for prospective families, such as information about any in-person or virtual events, or video tours of the school. We recommend contacting schools directly for the most recent information, such as whether and when they will hold open houses, information sessions, and/or orientations.
To view Middle School News from the Guidance Counselor and information about the Middle School Admissions process, please join the Guidance Google Classroom. The classroom code is 3w2275i.
If you can stay up to date with middle school admissions process by:
- Sign up for our middle school admissions email list
- Explore school options online in the MySchools middle school directory
- Visit DOE website, where you can find the latest updates
More information is coming soon! We look forward to partnering with you this year.
Middle School Enrollment Resources
If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Fan at email@example.com.
Information about the middle school application process for 2021-2022 will be posted here as it becomes available. Guidance Counselor Mrs. Fan is the PS 62 school personnel responsible for the middle school process. You can leave her notes with any questions in her mailbox. She is also working to collect and disseminates middle school information.
Joyce Fan, Guidance Counselor