Follow Us on Twitter
Welcome Back to the 2014-2015 School Year
We have six new teachers to introduce to you.
Ms. Hampton - Kindergarten
Ms. Murphy - 4th Grade
Ms. McKinley - Music
Ms. Iadanza - 2nd Grade
Ms. Carter - 4th Grade
Ms. Haun - Pre-Kindergarten
PS 62 Excellence in Technology Award 2014
Registration for new students September 2nd
Here's what you need to bring
* If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit (see Chancellor’s Regulation A-101,
- Child’s birth certificate or passport as proof of age
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Required Proof of NYC Residence (any two of the following):*
- Utility bill (gas or electric) for the residence issued by National Grid (formerly Keyspan), Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Official payroll document from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)); must be dated within the past 60 days
Common Core Learning Standards
What does the Math Curriculum look like?
Click here to view PS 62 being featured on a PBS Special being among the first schools in the Nation to implement Common Core Standards in Literacy
PS 62 is named among 25 Schools in NYC for the
P.S. 62 is the winner of a 5,000 grant from the Laura Bush Foundation.
The funds will be used to continue to improve the quality of our school library.
PS 62 has been selected as one of 30 schools (out of 300 applicants)
NYC's Service in Schools
Excellence in Service Award
School Initiatives were:
Champions of Philanthropy - Penny Harvest
Delegate - Unicef
City Harvest - Food Drive
Charity Checks Inc.
PS 62 Community Garden - Trust for Public Land
Free Books for Preschoolers - Enroll here
Interpretation services will be available during parent-teacher conferences-
Available Language: Bengali, Chinese, Punjabi and Spanish.
Are you wondering what to ask your child's teacher during parent-teacher conferences?
Here are some suggestions.